According to your local Dental Clinic in Mankato MN, many people ruin their teeth without noticing. If you do not pay attention to what you’re doing, you could be endangering your beautiful and healthy smile. Ironically, among these dangers is being too meticulous about your oral hygiene. Using certain brushes, abrasive pastes, mouthwashes, and the like can change the natural microflora of your mouth. This is usually too much for your tooth enamel. Here are some other problems you should stay away from.
* Microtrauma is a serious issue many do not know is occurring. Active measures to restore the purity of the mouth and gums is important. This increases the risk of infections and the development of diseases such as periodontitis and periodontal disease, both of which leads to tooth loss.
* Mechanical injuries often occur as a result of certain habits like cracking seeds or nuts. They can also happen through various other ways like pulling on the teeth or hitting your teeth with pens or pencils.
* Malocclusions, or crooked teeth, are also a huge problem for many people. Meanwhile, your Dental Clinic in Mankato MN states people ignore these orthodontic problems for various reasons. According to dentists, they should be corrected not only for aesthetic purposes, but also because overbite and incorrect positioning of teeth can cause a number of complications that threaten to escalate into dangerous diseases. In particular, the avoidance of orthodontic treatment leads to damaged enamel, especially if the teeth are in contact with each other. Periodontal disease is another issue dentists see a lot of.
* Home teeth whitening, as doctors say, has a very low efficiency. But it’s not as bad as it could be. Certain degradation methods, which often involve the use of aggressive enamel-wearing means (soda, activated carbon, acid, etc.) can cause irreparable damage to the teeth.
* Sharp jumps from cold to hot and vice verse during meals or beverages can create hairline cracks in the tooth enamel, allowing bacteria to penetrate. If this happens, you can develop cavities and tooth hypersensitivity. If you are experiencing pain that seems related to these issues, contact your local Dental Clinic in Mankato MN and schedule a consult.
Food and drinks with artificial additives is never a good thing for teeth. Dyes, certain food acids and sweeteners react chemically with saliva and the result can cause enamel corrosion. For more information, see your local Dental Clinic in Mankato MN today.
Be the first to like.