Here are 5 things your dentist in Wood Dale wants you to know:
1. Daily oral habits are vitally important: Along with brushing at least twice a day, you should be flossing and using a quality toothbrush, with bristles that are not too soft and not too hard. When brushing, make sure you also brush your tongue, the inside of your cheeks, and gums.
2. Certain foods erode enamel: While fruits like oranges, lemons, limes are healthy for you, they can wreak havoc on your gums over the long term because of their acidic nature. Once enamel is gone, it’s gone forever. Use a protective toothpaste and eat these foods in moderation; brush immediately after eating them if you can.
3. Healthy gums = healthy body: There is a definite link between gum disease and cardiovascular disease. A healthy oral routine and healthy gums will help ensure that the rest of you stays healthy too. Heart disease and other serious conditions can all be linked back to unhealthy gums.
4. Dentists have your best interest in mind: These professionals understand that most people do not enjoy sitting back in their chairs, mouths open in a most vulnerable position, while hearing drills in the background and staring at a tray of ominous-looking instruments. Dentists try and get you in out as quickly as possible, without compromising the care they give you.
5. A checkup every 6 months is just as important as an annual physical: Having your dentist in Wood Dale check your teeth and gums every 6 months is critically important to your overall health. A professional cleaning, x-rays and a physical examination of your mouth will alert your dentist to potential issues.
A dentist may not be the most fun destination, but they are important part of your overall health care. Visit us at www.elkgrovevillageildentist.com for more details. Follow us on our twitter page.
2 people like this post.